Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Richard Branson, the British Entrepreneur, founder of Virgin group of companies, adventurist and philanthropist

Before I looked at the various achievements of Richard Branson I looked at some of his work and life philosophies. Behind every successful man or woman there are his or her beliefs, perceptions, ideas and philosophies that make him successful. Without a right attitude, one's knowledge, talents, and resources may not necessarily bring success.

Here are some of the quotes on ‘Attitude’ from Richard Branson that I liked most:

     1.      You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.
     2.      Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.
    3.      My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, ’Oh God, I’ve got to do this today.’
    4.       My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.
    5.       When I was four, my mother insisted I get out of the car and find my own way home. Although I got lost, I did find my way home. It taught me the value of independence at an early age.
    6.       Back when I was in school, few people understood dyslexia and what to do for it. My teachers thought I was lazy and not very clever, and I got bored easily... thinking of all the things I could do once I left school. I couldn't always follow what was going on.
     7.       The balloons only have one life and the only way of finding out whether they work is to attempt to fly around the world.
      8.       From a young age, I learned to focus on the things I was good at and delegate to others what I was not good at. That's how Virgin is run. Fantastic people throughout the Virgin Group run our businesses, allowing me to think creatively and strategically.
      9.       Fun is one of the most important - and underrated - ingredients in any successful venture. If you're not having fun, then it's probably time to call it quits and try something else.
     10.   A passionate belief in your business and personal objectives can make all the difference between success and failure. If you aren't proud of what you're doing, why should anybody else be? 
       11.   I think it's quite great to set yourself a big challenge, and then you've got another reason for keeping fit. 
       12.   My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them. 
     13.   I'm not the sort of person who gives up on things. The first time we crossed the Atlantic in the balloon, it crashed, and we went on and did the Pacific. First time we crossed the Atlantic in a boat, it sank, and we went on and got the record. So, generally speaking, we will pick ourselves up, brush ourselves down, and carry on.
      14.   On one of my last days at school, the headmaster said I would either end up in prison or become a millionaire. That was quite a startling prediction, but in some respects, he was right on both counts! 
      15.   Overcoming fear is the first step to success for entrepreneurs. The winners all exemplify that, and the hard work and commitment they have shown underlines what is needed to set up a business. 
      16.   Treat failure as a lesson on how not to approach achieving a goal, and then use that learning to improve your chances of success when you try again. Failure is only the end if you decide to stop. 

      17.   When I was a kid, I had a tendency to criticize. But when I did, my mum would whisk me off to the bathroom to stand in front of a mirror. Ten minutes, never less. To think about how criticism is a poor reflection on the one who criticizes. 
                                           .... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment